Another one down, only 18 left...
Say it isn't so. I finally forced myself to look at the calendar last week thinking two or so weeks would be plenty of time to find a pair of shoes or two and some simple school supplies. The fact that school starts tomorrow is still blowing my mind. Back-to-school time is exciting for a lot of reasons, but I cling to the summers knowing that I really only have a handful left of these laid-back months in my mothering career. Plus, if summer is almost over that means my baby is almost half a year old. Now that is impossible! I let the boys in on the news and after the intial excitement wore off, Milo slunk on to the couch and said, "We hardly did anything fun this summer." Trying not to take it personally, I encouraged him to remember just a few of the things we did these past two months that we've never done before and the smile finally crept back on his face. But, I don't want him or any of the rest of us to forget some really great memories we had. So let's get this in writing and start with a brief recap of June:
The down times were like a breath of fresh air. What is better than finding your once-thought-outdated encylopedia set open to the page on North Pole...to see if Santa could hide from even World Books. Who needs the internet anyway!?
There is always something cool going on at the Browns. This is where most of our wildest dreams and craziest ideas come to life. Case in point:
Oh and also? Lots of people to entertain my children and adore my baby.
Speaking of babies, two really really great people are getting an early Christmas present this year. The likelihood of this baby of theirs being illegally adorable is obviously 100%.
Did I say illegally adorable? This also pertains to Bean trying very very hard to resist his urge to squeeze Juni in half because of his adoration for her.
Oh geez. And Missy and Jason are in a league of there own in coolness.
A s'more roast in the backyard always does a body good.
Add a boy's obsession over anything electronic to the comfiest bed alive and you get this scene.
So what is heaven going to be like? A summer's day in bed with a book and a million of these.
Babies do this to him. Every. Time.
Fair warning to any Pass-of-All-Passes holders: DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go to Seven Peaks on during the first week that school is out. But, if you do, you might meet your cousins there (along with every other person you have met or remotely remember during your lifetime)!
Rod and I finally made it to the Lehi Round-Up Rodeo after 8 summers here. It started off with a bang when the BYU team won the chuck-wagon race against the U, even after it lost the back set of wheels! But it went downhill from there when the clown started telling his stupid jokes and never stopped. Been there, done that, once was enough.
Tom, always workin' the ladies.
Milo always talks about his great-grandmother in Arizona. It's been a while since we've gotten to see her. She is such an inspiring person.
Good-lookin' trio, no? I've never met a Boynton I didn't like.
No comments:
Post a Comment