Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School

My two boys have left the nest for all-day school this year. I can honestly say I am grateful to say good-bye to half-day Kindergarten for a while, but we will miss them. I worry about both the things they are and aren't learning in school, for different reasons that I'm sure all parents understand. I hope this time away gives me both a better perspective on what we need to be teaching them at home and time to focus on my girls before they leave me for school too. I feel like I have to learn how to be a mom of toddlers all over again because having two girls at home is quite different than having two boys. Flora is a handful these days (understatement!!!) so I hope a little extra attention will cure her of her never-ending three-year old demands.

First Grade: Elliot is  excited to finally eat lunch at school, ride his bike (use his own lock!) and is a little anxious about his reading/writing/schoolwork.


Second Grade: If Milo had his way his days at school would include only science and recess. End of story. Oh, and nutella sandwiches with top ramen in a tuperware like "all his friends have".


How I adore those boys.

No comments: